Can't keep my hand out of the cooke jar.
I love cookies, always have and always will. As you know from the numerous posts on this blog I also love peanut butter. We go through a jar a week in our house. It is a passion shared by my husband, son, and I. Hopefully our daughter will love it too when she is old enough to eat it. I love peanut butter so much, I have actually nicknamed my son "peanut butter". Not long ago Jif® contacted me asking if I would be interested in writing a review of their famous Irresistible Peanut Butter Cookies and hosting a Give Away. Jif® just happens to be the only peanut butter I use for baking so I was instantly eager to work with them. I actually made these cookies twice. The first time I used butter since I almost always use butter in a recipe that calls for shortening. The cookies were good, but nothing to brag about. I made them again following the recipe exactly using shortening and let me tell you it made a difference. They were crispier on the outside, softer in the middle, held their shape better, and overall just more delicious. My son helped me make these. He is only two and already has a passion for cooking and baking. I love the memories he and I are making together. I highly recommend you give these a try. (see details below on the Give Away)
recipe from Jif®
- 3/4 cup Jif® Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1/2 stick Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1 1/4 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 3/4 cups Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Heat oven to 375°F. Combine peanut butter, shortening, brown sugar, milk and vanilla in large bowl. Beat at medium speed of electric mixer until well blended. Add egg. Beat just until blended.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt. Add to creamed mixture at low speed. Mix just until blended. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2-inches apart onto greased baking sheet. Flatten slightly in a crisscross pattern with tines of fork.
- Bake one baking sheet at a time 7 to 8 minutes, or until set and just beginning to brown. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheet. Remove cookies to cooling racks to cool completely.
- Give Away Details
- The Give away includes everything pictured above:
- Jif® Peanut Butter
- Crisco® Baking Sticks All-Vegetable Shortening
- Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- Jif® Apron
- Cookie Jar
- Branded Fork for Cookie imprint
All you have to do to enter the give away is leave a comment on this post telling me your favorite cookie. Additionally, if you like Baked Perfection on Facebook and comment there, you will get a second entry. All entries must be received by midnight on Friday October 24th. I will announce a winner (through blog post) the following week.